GREEN PHASE in EFFECT at First West
Governor John Bel Edwards recently announced the state of Louisiana would move into Phase 3 in the state’s response to the coronavirus. With respect to churches, he has opened churches to expand to 75% occupancy. All three of our campuses are now operating with this new opportunity. LIFE Groups are meeting at 9:00 a.m. and worship services are meeting at 10:30 a.m.
Our worship centers in West Monroe, Fairbanks, and Calhoun have made accomodations to allow for no more than 75% of the worship centers to be filled. So while in previous phases there were seats removed or marked off with tape, now seats are more accessible, yet smaller groups of seats may be marked off. We are asking that families leave seats between them on rows, maintain social distancing measures (6 feet), and wear a mask in worship services and in LIFE Groups.
Age-based ministry areas are open. We’re conducting temperature checks for infants through high school students before entering their specific age-based areas. If adults are entering those areas, they are also temperature checked. If a child or student has a temperature of 100.4 degrees, we’re asking those children to leave church to get better and avoid the potential spread of any illnesses. This is to help keep children and all of our attendees safe.
In-Person Services begin June 7.
Governor John Bel Edwards announced this week that he would move to Phase 2. This decision will allow for churches to meet at 50% occupancy. With this announcement, we will move to the Yellow Phase on the Roadmap to Regather. This means that we will have one service at each of our campuses (West Monroe, Fairbanks, and Calhoun) at 10:30 a.m. this Sunday, June 7. We are so excited to welcome you back at First West this weekend.
Worship Service Information
What we ask of you
- High temperature
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Are you currently waiting for COVID-19 results?
- Have you or has anyone close to you tested positive for COVID-19?
Vulnerable Persons Information
Physical Services Moved to Online Services
With the announcement from Louisiana John Bel Edwards closing Louisiana’s public schools and banning gatherings of 250 or more, First West has determined that it is best to move from physical meetings to online meetings beginning Sunday, March 15 until further notice. Services for all three of our campuses will be led by a team from our West Monroe, Fairbanks, and Calhoun campuses at 9:30 a.m. on the First West Facebook page. The service will be able to be replayed all day on our Facebook page and will be live and on demand on firstwest.cc and the First West ROKU app.
Your safety is important to us. We want everyone to stay healthy. We are encouraging everyone to take appropriate measures to stay healthy, especially those who are senior adults and medically compromised to catch the virus.
During this time, we also call the entirety of the church to responsibly serve, love, and care for those in need.
We encourage you to stay connected to our church. While we will be taking a new approach to meeting together, we encourage you to stay connected to First West.
Here are five ways we invite you to stay connected:
- You can watch the livestream from our services on Facebook and Roku or by clicking Messages > Watch Live at firstwest.cc.
- Download the First West App for iOS and Android through the App Store and Google Play.
- Parents and grandparents can download the Parent Cue App that aligns with our First West Kids programming to access weekly content and useful resources. And be sure to follow each campus First West Kids Facebook Page for weekly updates.
- You can give by texting CALHOUNFW, FAIRBANKSFW OR WESTMONROEFW to 77977 or by going online to firstwest.cc.
- You can communicate with us at 318-322-5104 or e-mail us at email@example.com to get in touch with Pastoral Care or if you need help.
First West is also applying a new standard for any church-sponsored travel both inside and outside of the United States. We will not ask any employee or volunteer to endanger their health and welfare with travel to countries with government-issued travel restrictions or advisories.